Sunday, August 3, 2008

My latest sewing project

I have put my quilt on hold while we did vacation things and the pink buntings.  Since my machine was set up for no project in particular and I had extra pink thread I decided to make a sampler of all the stitches on my new sewing machine.  This is a good way of seeing what all the stitches really look like.  Think of it as an index/reference card for your sewing machine.  I used up a lot of old thread, or thread leftover from other projects that I really wasn't going to need ever again.  In case you are wondering it is over 8 feet long, and it is made up of 180 stitches and 3 alphabets.  I spent Monday-Wednesday working on it.





1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow. You have a lot of stitch styles on your machine. What kind do you have?

I should do that with mine (it's a Bernina something-or-other). I definitely have more than I use. I've never really learned how to use my machine. I've just kind of taught myself as I go.