Saturday, September 27, 2008

A few moments in the lives of my children

The other day we were eating lunch in the park after we had been at the Children's Museum all morning. Blanket had only gotten 20 minutes or so of sleep in the car on the way there, and was seriously needing a nap. I fed him his lunch, and was waiting for Tiger to finish his cupcake so that we could get in the car and go home. Blanket was grumbling, so I made him a bottle and gave it to him. He sat there drinking it, and I sat there wondering how long Tiger was going to spend eating his cupcake. About 2 oz into the bottle I saw Blanket wobble. He was almost asleep sitting up holding his bottle. I quickly packed up my bag and held him so that he could drift off to sleep without falling over. He slept 15 more minutes at the park and all the way home.

The other day I got a migraine around dinner time. I was laying on the couch with a blanket over my head waiting for the kids' bedtime. B.A.R. was supervising them, but I wanted to put them to bed. While I was just laying there Tiger came over and asked, "Are you OK, Mom?" and then added, "I so loves you," with a hug. He is so sweet, I just wish this part of his personality came out more than once or twice a week.

No comments: