Thursday, May 15, 2008


Here is the long awaited post about those curtains.  The first pic is the ones that I just finished last week.  They were fairly simple since I made the ones for the other windows 2 years ago.

These were much harder because I had to do all the measuring and calculating of everything.  I had no pattern, and so I just went out on the internet and got a feel for how to make them with all the seams and such.   Last year I took them down and added black-out material to them so that the room would be much darker.  I made the new ones in with the black-out fabric too.  I almost think BC's room is too dark in the afternoon, now he sleeps forever when he does take a nap (which is what he is doing right now).  Someday both boys will sleep in there after BL learns to sleep all night.

Yes, it is the same fabric.  I had to wait a month for Wal-mart to get have it in stock so that I could make the second set.  There are blinds behind the new ones so the light is different for the two windows.  

I'll send you instructions for them if you want.

No comments: