Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Garbage Disposal--Thank You Emily

B.A.R. informed me today that the garbage disposal has a hole rusted in it, and leaks occasionally.   Then he asked if I remembered what we learned last time our garbage disposal broke (when we lived in MI).  I remember what I learned.  I learned that my friends really care about me.

The garbage disposal broke (got broken) one night while we were doing a plumbing inspection of sorts.  I went out the next day and bought replacement.  Around lunchtime I was half done installing it when Emily called.  She invited me over to spend my afternoon making cookies with her and her girls.  I politely declined because I wanted to install this disposer and avoid thinking about something.  Emily demanded (this is not her nature) that I put down the project and come over.   I know why she did it, and I never got to thank her for it.  I really needed that, and I really appreciated it then.  And I am very sorry that I never said so.

2 comments:

danandcami said...

so are you going to install this one also? I can't even imagine attempting to do that!

Brumbaugh Family said...

Too bad you don't live closer I'm sure I could make cookies again. :0
Sorry I had to get off the phone earlier the kids needed some redirection.