Monday, June 2, 2008

VT thoughts

Visiting teaching is one of those things I have a love/hate relationship with.  I don't always like doing it because often I get blown off by the people I visit; or I have a companion who is impossible to get a hold of (not currently the case); or I my Visiting Teachers never come.  I used to be VT coordinator (before Blanket was born) and really loved my calling.  Some of the greatest experiences and friendships have come because of VT.  I know it's a inspired program, but I am not always motivated to be my best at it.

That said, I was reading this post the other day from unretouched photo where she was talking about how her husband had been a pastor for 10 years at this church, and she didn't really have any friends there.  How sad.  How inspired the VT program is so that (with a little effort) we can all have friends who come to visit us, in our homes.  So that, after 10 years, we have friends at church.  Friends we can call on, friends we can visit, and friends we can share with.

No comments: