Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Help with the newest quilt

This is my newest quilt project. I was going to show it to you when I was all done, but I'm stuck.
I know how I want to quilt the borders; I just don't know how I want to quilt the main part of the quilt. I am not a big fan of borders, and piecing the body of the quilt is really why I like quilting. I just can't think of the best way to do it.
I do want to do some free-motion work (I have a Bernina with a BSR) and I am open to doing different designs according to color or shape. I have a matching varigated quilting thread that will show the quilting somewhat. I am just looking for ideas for the quilting designs. I prefer to follow a stenciled line, but am very willing to make my own stencils from drawn designs.

Please leave your ideas in the comments, or email me pattern ideas. As a novice quilter I appreciate all the input.

No comments: