Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy

"I'm happy.  I'm sick!!!"

That's what I said after I got off the phone with my doctor yesterday.  I never thought that I would be so happy to have a diagnosis.  After being miserable for a few days I had actually started to feel a little better yesterday, not right, but better.   I know the doc told me the official name of what I have, but I don't really remember.   It is some sort of amoebic parasite.  Supposedly, it is really common if you drink the water in the mountains.  Every year a handful of people along the Front Range (the name for the area that I live) get it although they didn't drink the water.    Officially it falls in the "amoebic dysentery" category, but I am not that sick.  In fact, I feel better just in time to pull off Blanket's birthday and Thanksgiving.

I do have to take 10 days worth of medication I have to take.  All is not perfect, but it is looking  a lot better.  

I am glad I asked to be screened for botulism.  Although that is not what it turned out to be, it is that wide-spectrum test that found my illness.  I am not sure I would have the patience at this point to keep looking for a cause.  I am thankful for medication and for a diagnosis.  I am happy even if I complain about how nasty my medicine tastes.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm glad you found out what's ailing you. It's always nicer to know what's wrong so you can get started fixing it. I hope you're all better soon.

Brumbaugh Family said...

Yea for you!!