Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Morning Accomplishments

So I am going to take a moment and pat myself on the back for all that I managed to do today.

1. Avoid getting up with the kids at 6:30 (B.A.R. handled it nicely before he went back to bed)
2. Get locked in Tiger's room while dressing Blanket and Tiger.  (B.A.R. rescued me)
3. Feed my children and myself breakfast.
4. Read my email/blogs/facebook while watching SportsCenter.
5. Shave legs and get dressed.
6. Allow Tiger outside to play while I load the dishwasher.
7. Clean up the cereal/milk Blanket has spilled while trying to poach Tiger's half-eaten breakfast and make off with the spoon.
8. Allow Blanket to go outside and play in the back yard with Tiger while I do things in the house in peace.
9. Put off doing laundry until tomorrow.
10. Renew library books online.
11. Take Tiger potty and change him into clean pants/underwear.
12. Deep clean my stove.  This  includes: lifting the top off and removing 10 year old grease-coated former foods and making my range hood sparkle on the outside and be 50% cleaner on the inside.
13. Clean my counters twice.  Once before I cleaned my stove and once after.
14. Vacuum my kitchen (this is sooooooo much better than sweeping).
15. Lock my children out while I Cinderella scrub the kitchen floor to make sure I get all of the messes/stickies/goo/sand off the floor.
16. Notice that it took Tiger 15 minutes to tear the clean pants he has on.  Big tear, not sure if I will patch them or put them in the recycle pile.
17. Put all the toys back in the sandbox.
18. Apprehend Tiger for going into the kitchen before being decontaminated from the sand.
19. Decontaminate Tiger.
20. Use 4 baby wipes to decontaminate Blanket of sand.  It should be understood here that he has a runny nose, so he had boogers, and sand in his boogers.  
21.  Use 2 baby wipes to get all the loose sand out of Blanket's hair.  
22. Feed boys and myself lunch.
23. Vacuum the kitchen again.
24. Remove Blanket's shoes/clothes in the bathroom to ensure that all remaining loose sand stays contained in the bathroom.
25. Wash Blanket's hair for 5 minutes to make sure there is no more sand, thus ensuring his bed will remain uncontaminated.
26. Put Blanket down for a nap.
27. Put on movie for Tiger so that I can check out for a few minutes.
28. Enjoy not being productive for 90 minutes.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Good job! Really, there needs to be some sort of job-recognition for stay-at-home-moms. :)

Birrd said...

Sandy boogers are my favorite part of raising boys!

Jenni said...

Oh the sandy boogers! I am impressed by the stove cleaning - wow! Good job on the productivity!!

danandcami said...

I would say that was a job well done for a morning!!