Monday, May 3, 2010

Rain Rocks

The other day I was feeling totally bummed because the weather was cold and windy.
We could not play outside.
I was letting the kids watch Thomas movies (thanks DVR)
and the sky got dark.
Really, really dark.
Instead of looking at it to see if it was GREEN, or checking for tornado warnings,
I let my kids look out the windows.

Tiger asked me what that noise was. I told him it was hail.
He told me it was rain rocks.
Marble sized hail and tornado warnings (that I missed) make for an interesting afternoon.
20-30 minutes of hail and it looked like winter again.
Though I think it snows here more in the fall/spring than it does in the winter.
On a happy note, the sun came out later and made it feel all springy again.
Today even promises to approach 70.

No comments: