Monday, April 26, 2010

More Curtains

I made curtains for Tiger's room when he was 3 months old.
I made a matching set about 2 years ago for the other window in his room.
A couple of weeks ago I made these:

They are on my french doors to my back yard.
I like the doors (more than a sliding door) but have always wanted these window covered.
See, from March until about November they let in the late afternoon sun. In June and July it is really hot and really bright.
And now, the sun hits the hardwood and makes a nasty reflection on my TV.
B.A.R. had finally had enough of the sun/reflection/brightness issue.
For a mere $60 (heavy-duty thread, heavy needles, fabric, blackout fabric, and 4 curtain rods) we got the window coverage we wanted.
Only one problem: it's so dark in the kitchen during the day that I have to turn the light on.

No comments: